Chefin Valentine's Day Offer
Activate and shop to claim your 3x points PLUS an entry to WIN a private dinner for two with Chefin.
WIN 1 of 10 romantic dinners valued at $645 for yourself and your significant other thanks to Chefin and Woolworths Rewards.
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
Entry is open to Registered Cardholders who are 18 years of age or older and a resident of Australia, excluding Tasmania. Employees and their immediate families of the agency conducting the draws (Engage Australia) are ineligible to enter. Employees of the Promoter directly involved in the Promotion and their immediate families are also ineligible to enter.
In order to be eligible to win a Major or Minor Prize, you must be a Registered Cardholder of the Woolworths Rewards Program with an Australian home address outside Tasmania listed on your Woolworths Rewards account on the date on which the winners are drawn.
For the avoidance of doubt, holders of temporary Woolworths Rewards or temporary F$C cards are not eligible to enter or win prizes, as temporary Woolworths Rewards and temporary F$C cards are not Registered Cards.
How to Enter
To enter the promotion, each Eligible Entrant must, during the Promotional Period:
a. receive the promotional email and activate the offer with the WIN with Chefin and Rewards banner included in it during the Promotional Period;
b. complete an eligible shop at both Participating Stores (BIG W and Woolworths Supermarket);
c. scan their Registered Card in-store at the checkout or input their Registered Card number at the relevant online checkout prior to finalising the transaction; and
d. ensure their Woolworths Rewards account details are up to date with their current, valid email address and phone number.
Subject to a limit of one (1) qualifying entry during the Promotional Period.
“Eligible Shop” means a purchase of more than 1c in a single transaction in store or online, excluding any purchases of smoking products, alcohol, gift cards (including iTunes), mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile, travel cards, tickets, cash outs, delivery charges, donations and purchases on a charge account.
“Participating Store” means any Woolworths supermarket or BIG W store including www.woolworths.com.au and www.bigw.com.au.
“Registered Cardholder” means:
In relation to the Woolworths Rewards Program - a cardholder of a Rewards Card, where all mandatory cardholder information (including cardholder’s name) has been correctly completed in the Woolworths Rewards Program database - cardholder is not a Registered Cardholder until confirmation has been issued by the Woolworths Rewards Program; and
and “Registered Card” means a Rewards Card which has been registered as described above.
“Rewards Card” means a Woolworths Rewards card issued by the Promoter as part of the Woolworths Rewards Program, whether in a plastic or electronic (virtual) form.
“Woolworths Rewards Program” means the Woolworths Rewards loyalty program operated by the Woolworths Group. Further details of the Woolworths Rewards Program (including terms and conditions of the program) are accessible at woolworthsrewards.com.au.
Limits on Entry
A limit of 1 (one) entry per person applies during the Promotional Period.
The promotion commences at 12:01 AEDT on 13/01/2019 and closes at 23:59 AEDT on 14/02/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
There will be one (1) draw conducted at the end of the Promotional Period where all prize winners will be drawn (“Prize Draw”).
Entries into the Prize Draw will close at 23:59 AEDT on 14/02/2019 and the draw will be conducted on the Draw Date, being 11:00 AEDT on 28/02/2019.
The Prize Draw will take place at Engage Australia, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
The first ten (10) valid entries drawn in the Prize Draw will win a Prize each.
The draw and the announcement of the prize winners will be scrutinised by an independent person (where “independent person” has the meaning given in the Lotteries and Art Unions Regulation 2014 (NSW).
Prize consists of 10 x Romantic dinner vouchers with Chefin valued at $645 each which will be sent to the winners via email in the form of a voucher with a unique code redeemable at www.chefin.com.au.
Each prize includes:
- Private Chef hire
- 3-course delicious fine dining meal for 2 people
- Dining table decoration includes a red roses bouquet
- Ingredients, service, cooking and cleaning
Total prize value: $6,450
- can be redeemed for an experience any day of the week,
- can be redeemed for a breakfast, lunch or dinner experience,
- cannot be redeemed for public holidays,
- can be upgraded to a group dining experience upon request (additional costs will occur),
- can be redeemed up to 15 months after the winner has received it.
Chefin can handle any allergies/dietary needs with a request upon redemption of the voucher.
Please refer to Chefin general Terms of Service to find out more about limitations (including bookings and cancellations) around the experience: www.chefin.com.au/help/terms-of-service/ . Each prize Winner will be required to accept the terms and conditions in order to redeem the Prize. .
Once each prize Winner has confirmed their acceptance of the Prize, the voucher will be emailed to them from firstname.lastname@example.org.
To redeem their voucher, the winner will need to contact Chefin directly to arrange the experience of their choice by phone (0477 666 351) or email email@example.com.
Notification of Winners
Winners will be notified via email within two (2) business days of Draw Date (i.e. by 23:59 AEDT on 05/03/2019). It is the winners’ responsibility to ensure their contact details are up to date in their Woolworths Rewards account. When contacted, winners will be required to supply their Woolworths Rewards card number to confirm that that they are a Registered Cardholder and therefore that their entry was valid.
Prizes must be claimed by the date of the second chance draw specified below. Otherwise, they will be redrawn at the unclaimed prize draw (“Second Chance Draw”) on the date specified below.
Draw Date: 28/02/2019
Claim by: 28/05/2019
Redraw date for the Second Chance Draw: 29/05/2019, at the same time and place as the original Prize Draw.
All prize winners will be published online on www.woolworthsrewards.com.au/competitions from the 05/03/2019 for a minimum of 28 days.
NSW Permit No: LTPS/18/30650;
ACT Permit No: TP 18/02484;
SA Permit No: T18/222
1. If consumers are required to upload a photograph to enter, entrants must adhere to the following conditions:
a) by submitting a photograph, entrants agree to the photograph being made available for public viewing;
b) any person depicted in a photograph uploaded must be decently dressed and presented;
c) all photographs are subject to the approval of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to vet all entries at any time and reserves the right to request the removal of any entries from any Platform or such websites at any time in its absolute discretion. However, the Promoter is not responsible for any photographs uploaded to any Platform (as defined in clause 19) or website and visitors to the site view it at their own risk;
d) entrants must own the copyright in the photograph uploaded or be entitled and have permission to use the photograph in the manner contemplated by these terms, including use of the photograph for promotional purposes in accordance with clause 17;
e) the entrant has the permission of each other person featured in the photograph, or, if any other person is under the age of 18, the permission of their parent or legal guardian, to enter the photograph in accordance with these terms and conditions, including consent to each condition in this clause 1; and
2. If the winner of a prize is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to winner’s parent or legal guardian.
3. All ancillary costs including but not limited to insurance, taxes (excluding GST), meals, drinks, transport, transfers, spending money, fuel, oil and services costs, safety gear to comply with state and territory regulations, in-room charges and any and all other expenses incurred as a consequence of receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
4. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. In particular, prizes may not, without the prior consent of the Promoter and any applicable third party supplier of the prize (“Supplier”), be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a prize is sold or used in breach of this condition, the Promoter or the Supplier may, at their absolute discretion, withdraw the prize(s). Where a prize has been withdrawn in accordance with this clause, no refund, substitute or compensation will be offered and if the prize is a ticket, the winner and any person has purchased or otherwise bears that ticket will be refused entry.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches, theft or destruction, any cause beyond the Promoter’s control, or unauthorised access to or alteration of the promotion. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion. Further, the Promoter at its sole discretion may recommence this promotion under the same conditions.
6. If any prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any written directions from the various authorities.
7. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winners. If a winner does not claim their prize by the Second Chance Draw date, their entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter may conduct the Second Chance Draw, subject to relevant regulatory authority instructions.
8. If an entrant’s contact details change at any time between the date which they enter the promotion and the Second Chance Draw date, that entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of winners and any other information from entrants relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, is in breach of these conditions, provides entries that are offensive or otherwise inappropriate in the sole opinion of the Promoter, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion, or who has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. If consumers are required to purchase a product to enter, then it is a condition of the prize being awarded to the winner that the winner retain a clear copy of their original receipt and provide it to the Promoter as proof of a valid purchase to enter this promotion.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (even if caused by negligence) as a result of accepting and/or using a prize or in relation to the promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Any prize supplied by a third party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that third party supplier. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the conduct of any third party supplier or otherwise as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize (even if caused by negligence), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
12. If in the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter is liable for a breach of any guarantee, warranty, condition or other term that applies under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or is implied by any other commonwealth, state or territory law that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter's liability under that legislation is limited, to the extent permitted by law, to the cost of replacement of any benefit or prize won.
13. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to the prize.
14. Before the prize is awarded, the winner and any other person(s) sharing the prize with the winner may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from any liability arising from the use or participation in the prize.
15. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
16. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. If the entry or any part of the entry is provided to the entrant by a third party, the entrants warrant that they have obtained the relevant copyright and other intellectual property rights permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. Further, entrants agree that the Promoter has an unrestricted, irrevocable, transferable, divisible right and licence to use and modify their entry (including but not limited to amending, editing, selecting, cropping, retouching, adding to or deleting from any part of the submitted entry) for the purposes of the Promoter's business including for promotional purposes without the payment of any further fee or compensation. If requested by the Promoter, the entrant agrees to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement. To the extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter, its associated agencies against all losses, damages, claims and costs by third parties arising out of, connected to or resulting from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
17. If entry is via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, “Platform” means Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as applicable.
Entrants acknowledge that use of the Platform is subject to the terms and conditions of that Platform. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any entrant as a result of the conduct of any of the Platforms, including the decision of any Platform to remove or not remove any photographs, except for liability which cannot be excluded by law.
In particular, the thoughts and views expressed on each of the Platforms, are only the thoughts and views of the individual that posted them. They are not representative of the opinions of the Promoter, nor does the Promoter confirm, guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any post. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with any Platform. It is a condition of entry that each entrant grants a complete release to Facebook and Instagram from any claims that they now have or may have in the future which relate to or are incidental to this promotion.
19. These conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales.
20. The Promoter is Woolworths Group Limited (ABN 88 000 014 675) of 1 Woolworths Way, Bella Vista NSW 2153.