Summer is hot on our tails and we’re celebrating with a cool points giveaway.
Scan your Everyday Rewards Card for your chance to pocket points. It’s that easy. Simply complete an eligible shop and scan your Everyday Rewards Card in-store or link your card when you shop online.
Plus, purchase a participating product* for 3x entries (max 8 entries per person per day). 1 in 3 scans will win a share of 25 million points - how good is that!
Shop and scan from Wednesday, 4 November to Sunday, 8 November.
1. Information on how to enter the Promotion and a description of the prizes that may be won in the Promotion form part of these Terms & Conditions of Entry. Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions of Entry.
2. Entries not complying with these Terms & Conditions of Entry are ineligible and the Promoter reserves its absolute right to disqualify any Cardholder from the Promotion if the relevant entries do not comply with these Terms & Conditions of Entry. These Terms & Conditions of Entry will be displayed at https://bws.com.au/terms-conditions/1-in-3-scans-wins for the duration of the Promotion.
3. Definitions within these Terms & Conditions of Entry:
Entry is open to Registered Everyday Rewards Cardholders who are 18 years or older and residents of Australia. Card means an Everyday Rewards card issued by the Promoter as part of the Everyday Rewards Program, whether in a plastic, electronic (virtual) or other form. Temporary Card holders are not eligible to enter or win prizes under this Promotion.
Cardholder means a person who is Registered as an Everyday Rewards cardholder. Temporary Everyday Rewards Card holders are able to participate in this Promotion but ONLY when the temporary card is registered.
Eligible BWS Shop means a total single transaction made for purchases at BWS Store and BWS Online (bws.com.au), where the member either scans their Card in store or has the Card linked to their BWS online account during their Eligible Shop. This promotion excludes purchases from Woolworth online, smoking/tobacco products and accessories, gift cards (including iTunes), mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile phone plans, travel cards and tickets, delivery charges, internet cafes, online purchases at www.woolworthsflowers.com.au, Carpet Care products, lottery products, Pre-order kiosks, Auto-order products and purchases using a Caltex StarCard.
Participating Stores means a BWS store located in, Western Australia, South Australia, the Australian Capital Territory, Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, Tasmania or the Northern Territory and any purchase made through BWS online (bws.com.au).
Excludes Woolworths online.
Participating Product See Appendix 1
Promoter means Woolworths Group Ltd (t/a Woolies X - ‘Rewards’) (ABN 88 000 014 675), 1 Woolworths Way, Bella Vista, 2153, NSW. The promoter can be contacted via phone at 1300 767 969.
Promotion means The Win a share of 25 million points 1 in 3 scans WIN BWS promotion governed by these Terms & Conditions of Entry and conducted as a promotion under the Other Benefits component of the Everyday Rewards Program.
Promotional Period means 12.01am AEDT on 04 November 2020 until 11.59pm AEDT on 08 November 2020.
Registered Cardholder means that all mandatory cardholder information in respect of the Cardholder has been correctly completed in the Everyday Rewards Program database (as applicable).
Temporary Cardholder means that all mandatory cardholder information in respect of the legal name of the Cardholder has not been correctly completed.
Everyday Rewards Program means the Everyday Rewards loyalty program operated by Woolworths Group Limited. Further details of the Woolworths Rewards Program (including terms and conditions of the program) are accessible at woolworthsrewards.com.au. Terms and Conditions Woolworths Rewards Program available at everydayrewards.com.au.
4. Entry is open to all Registered Cardholders who are 18 years of age or older and a resident of Australia.
5. In order to be eligible to win a prize, you must be a Registered Cardholder on the date on which the winners are drawn.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, holders of temporary Everyday Rewards cards are not eligible to enter or win prizes, as temporary Everyday Rewards cards are not Registered cards.
7. Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Participating Venues, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
8. In order to be eligible to win a 100, 200, 300, 500 or 1000 Bonus points prize, you must be a Register Cardholder on the date on which winners for that Promotional Period are drawn.
How to Enter
9. To enter, each entrant must, during the Promotional Period:
a) complete an Eligible BWS Shop or purchase a Participating Product from any Participating Store;
b) scan their Card in-store at the checkout or input their Card number at the relevant online checkout prior to finalising the transaction; and
c) ensure their Everyday Rewards account details are up to date with their current Australian home address and state / territory to be eligible for the Prize draw in their state / territory.
10. Registered Cardholders with a registered, current, Australian home address and state or territory in their Everyday Rewards account details, will receive:
a) one (1) entry for every Eligible BWS Shop during the Promotional Period;
b) three (3) entries for each Participating Product purchase. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Eligible BWS Shop contains a Participating Product purchase, Eligible Entrants will receive a total of three (3) entries, not four (4).
c) A limit of eight (8) entries per person each day applies.
11. Prizes and values are as follows:
a) By simply scanning the card at any BWS store or by shopping at BWS online, members have the chance to win the following prizes during the Promotional Period:
- Approximately 180,600 winners of 100 Everyday Rewards points for that Eligible BWS Shop, valued at approximately $0.50.
- Approximately 8,027 winners of 200 Woolworths Rewards points prize for that Eligible BWS Shop, with the prize valued at approximately $1
- Approximately 6,020 winners of 300 Woolworths Rewards points prize for that Eligible BWS Shop, with the prize valued at approximately $1.50
- Approximately 4,013 winners of 500 bonus Woolworths Rewards points prize for that Eligible BWS Shop, with the prize valued at approximately $2.50
- Approximately 2,007 winners 1000 bonus Woolworths Rewards points prize for that Eligible BWS Shop, with the prize valued at approximately $5.00
If you are eligible for multiple bonus points offers, only 1 standard Woolworths point can be earned once for all eligible offers and bonus points are only calculated on the standard Woolworths Rewards points and not the additional Woolworths Rewards points. No double points will be earned on pre-order kiosk purchases.
b) The total promotion prize pool value of the Promotion is approximately $127,424.50AUD. The prize pool listed is an approximate only based on the estimated number of entries to be received during the Promotional Period as 602,000 (and with 1 in 3 winning meaning approximately 200,667 winners). The estimated number of entries is based on the average scan data for the equivalent Promotional Period dates for 2019.
12. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, exchangeable or transferable. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
How to Win Prizes
13. Prizes will be awarded based on a 1:2 ratio (i.e. on average, at least 1 in 3 entries will win a prize) during the Promotional Period selected by a computerised random system in accordance with clause 16 below.
14. If the required number of entrants is not reached to award the prize pool at a ratio of 1:2 throughout the Promotional Period, the computerised random system may award more wins in order to reach the target giveaway.
15. From all winning entries a further draw will be conducted to determine the prize they have won in the ratios outlined below. The first approx. 1% of valid entries drawn will be the winners of 1,000 Bonus Points prize; the next approx. 2% of valid entries drawn will be the winners of the 500 Bonus Points prize; the next approx. 3% of valid entries drawn will be the winners of the 300 Bonus Points prize; the next approx. 4% of valid entries drawn will be the winners of the 200 Bonus Points prize; and the next approx. 90% of valid entries drawn will be the winners of the 100 Bonus Points prize.
|Prize Type||% Distribution of Prizes Across Winners|
|100 Bonus Points||Approximately 90%|
|200 Bonus Points||Approximately 4%|
|300 Bonus Points||Approximately 3%|
|500 Bonus Points||Approximately 2%|
|1000 Bonus Points||Approximately 1%|
16. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, exchangeable or transferable. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
How a prize is won
17. The draws will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000 on 16/11/20 at 11:00am (AEDT).
18. Winners will be notified in writing by email within four (4) days of the draw. No re-draw will be conducted as prizes will automatically be awarded to winner’s Everyday Rewards account.
19. If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found this information will be published at everydayrewards.com.au.
20. Prize will automatically be awarded to the winner’s Everyday Rewards account within seven (7) days of the draw date. All shops after the Promotional Period will continue to earn points, in accordance with Everyday Rewards terms and conditions. If the major prize winner is an Everyday Rewards member and has elected to Save for Christmas, the member must revert back to the Automatic Savings redemption option to be able to claim the prize. If a winner in the Promotion is an Everyday Rewards member and has opted to convert their Everyday Rewards points to Qantas Points, their points will accrue until the next Payout Date for Qantas Points as outlined in the Everyday Rewards Terms and Conditions.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the winning of the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.
22. The Promoter and its agencies and companies associated with this Promotion will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including, without limitation, that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to the Promotion or the awarding or taking of the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law). Neither the Promoter nor Engage Australia Pty Ltd, nor their respective associated agencies and companies, is responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information produced by the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Promotion, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion or any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries and winners.
23. Certain legislation may imply warranties or conditions or impose other obligations including statutory consumer guarantees which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all guarantees, warranties, conditions or other terms that apply under or are implied by statute, common law or trade custom or usage.
24. If in the conduct of this Promotion the Promoter is liable for a breach of any guarantee, warranty, condition or other term that applies under the Australian Consumer Law or is implied by any other commonwealth, state or territory law that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter’s liability under that legislation is limited, to the extent permitted by law, to the cost of replacement of any benefit or prize won.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify all entries from any Cardholder who is, or who the Promoter reasonable believes is, in breach of these Terms & Conditions of Entry or the Everyday Rewards Terms and Conditions, or who manipulates, seeks to manipulate or benefits from manipulating, the entry process or the Promotion, or who has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable for the failure of the Promotion to run as planned, if the cause of such failure is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, and the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and to cancel any prizes which have been won or claimed, subject to any written direction given by regulatory authorities.
27. Printing errors or similar quality control matters outside the control of individual players will not be used as the sole basis for refusing to award a prize.
28. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
29. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
31. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the complainant/entrant/winner. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
32. As a condition of accepting the prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
33. The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol and encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcohol beverage if it would breach any laws, codes or policies including those of the relevant liquor licensee relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at https://nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/publications/australian-guidelines-reduce-health-risks-drinking-alcohol. Please refer to the GL4001 ‘Liquor promotion guidelines’ and GL4003 ‘Intoxication guidelines’ at liquorandgaming.justice.nsw.gov.au.
Authorised under, NSW Authority No. TP/00082; Act Permit No. TP20/01192:, SA Permit No. T20/1055.
APPENDIX 1 - PARTICIPATING PRODUCTS (04/11 - 08/11)
Heineken Lager 330ml
Byron Bay Premium Lager 355ml
Furphy Refreshing Ale 375ml
James Squire 150 Lashes 345ml
Smirnoff Ice Flavour X3 (Raspberry, Guava, Pineapple) 300ml
Smirnoff Seltzer X3 (Raspberry Rose, Lime, Passionfruit) 250 ml
Gordons Pink 700ml
Gordons Sicilian Lemon 700ml
Smirnoff Infusions Flavours 700ml
Jack Daniels 1 litre
Old Forester 700 ml
Woodford Reserve 700ml
Jacobs Creek Reserve 750ml
Jacobs Creek Trilogy 750ml
Mumm CR NV 750ml
Mumm Marlborough 750ml