BIG W Angry Birds Competition
Woolworths Group Ltd (t/a Woolies X - 'Rewards') ABN 88 000 014 675, 1 Woolworths Way, Bella Vista, NSW 2153, Australia.
Start date: 29/08/19 at 12:01 am AEST
End date: 11/09/19 at 11:59 pm AEST
Entry is open to residents of Australia (excluding Tasmania) aged 18 years of age and over who are an Existing Woolworths Rewards Member.
For the purpose of these terms an ‘’Existing Woolworths Rewards Members’’ is any person who is a Registered Cardholder of the Woolworths Rewards Program. “Registered Cardholder” means a holder of a Woolworths Rewards card issued by the Promoter excluding holders of temporary Woolworths Rewards cards, where all mandatory cardholder information (including cardholder’s name) has been correctly completed in the Woolworths Rewards Program database - cardholder is not a Registered Cardholder until confirmation has been issued by the Woolworths Rewards Program.
Entrants must continue to be an Existing Woolworths Rewards Member at the time of the draw to be eligible for a prize.
Details of the Woolworths Rewards Program (including terms and conditions of the program) are accessible at woolworthsrewards.com.au.
How to Enter
To enter, the eligible entrant must during the Promotional Period:
a. activate the BIG W Angry Birds Competition offer (link to offer available via social media and email);
b. complete an Eligible Shop (minimum $50) on any product store wide at BIG W in-store or online;
c. scan or tap their Registered Card in-store at the checkout or add their Registered Card number to their online account prior to finalising the transaction; and
d. ensure their Woolworths Rewards account details are up to date with their current, valid email address and phone number.
“Eligible Shop” means a purchase of more than $50 in a single transaction in store or online, excluding any purchases of smoking products, alcohol, gift cards (including iTunes), mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile, travel cards, tickets, cash outs, delivery charges, BIG W Photos, BIG W eBay, donations and purchases on a charge account and lay-by fees.
Multiple entries permitted subject to the following:
a. limit one (1) entry permitted per Eligible Shop; and
b. each entry must be completed in accordance with the entry instructions above.
Total Prize Pool
Up to AUD $13,400.00
Major Prize: A trip for four (4) people to Hamilton Island and includes:
- four (4) return economy flights from the winner’s nearest capital city to Hamilton Island (only provided if winner does not reside in Hamilton Island);
- Return airport/hotel transfers;
- 4 nights 4-star hotel accommodation in Hamilton Island (Garden View Room);
- Whitehaven Beach Sail & Swim adventure; and
- Wildlife Hamilton Island family entry.
Number of this prize: 1
Value (per prize): Up to AUD$9,000.00, depending on exact date and point of departure
Winning Method: Draw: computerised random selection - 16/09/19 at 11:00 am AEST
Minor Prize: Family movie in-season pass (entry for 4 people) to Angry Birds 2 (in cinemas from 12 September 2019. Pass is only valid for redemption at select cinemas, see terms on pass for details. Pass terms and conditions apply.
Number of this prize: 50
Value (per prize): AUD$88.00
Winning Method: Draw: computerised random selection -16/09/19 at 11:00 am AEST
Major Prize Conditions
- Package is based on 4 people sharing a room.
- All elements are subject to availability at time of booking.
- There is no cash alternative.
- Prize cannot be taken over Australian Public or National holidays.
- Travel must be completed within 6 months of the draw date of 16/09/19.
- Whitehaven Beach Sail and Swim – minimum 5 years age. Departs Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday only.
- Winner will be required to produce credit card upon check in to hotel for incidentals.
- At least one person (winner) travelling must be 18 years or over.
- For all persons travelling under the age of 18, a parent/legal guardian must be the winner or one of the other three guests for the prize.
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description herein, are not included.
- Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize.
- Tickets are non-transferable (i.e. no name changes allowed). Once tickets are issued, they are non-endorsable and non-transferable.
- Any alterations to confirmed flights and/or accommodation and/or scheduling arrangements will be at the expense of the winner and their travelling companions.
- All components of the prize must be fulfilled at the same time and they cannot be split across different time periods.
- Individual supplier terms and conditions apply.
- Flights are economy class and may be indirect. The airline’s Conditions of Carriage apply to all flights. The winner and travelling companions must travel at the same time and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city airport in Australia.
- Airline, flight route and dates of travel are subject to the Promoter’s absolute and final decision.
- Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- The winner and his/her travel companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
The winners will be notified via email within two (2) business days of the draw. The Major Prize winner will be published on the Woolworths Rewards Competitions Page (https://www.woolworthsrewards.com.au/competition-winners.html) on 30/09/19.
Minor Prizes must be claimed by 28/09/19 at 10:00 am AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed Minor Prize, the prize will be redrawn on 28/09/19 at 11:00 am AEDT at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
Major Prize must be claimed by 16/12/19 at 11:00 am AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed Major Prize, the prize will be redrawn on 17/12/19 at 11:00 am AEDT at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The Major Prize winner will be notified via email within two (2) business days of the redraw and published on the Woolworths Rewards Competitions Page (https://www.woolworthsrewards.com.au/competition-winners.html) on 31/12/19.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
a) The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 11:00 am AEST on 16/09/19 using computerised random selection.
i) The first valid entry drawn will win the Major Prize.
ii) The next fifty (50) valid entries drawn will each win the Minor Prize.
b) The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
c) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
6. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
7. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
8. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
9. No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
10. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
11. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
12. Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
14. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory and postcode of residence.
15. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
16. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
17. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
18. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
19. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
22. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
23. Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
24. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
25. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
26. Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP19/03854; NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/36629; SA Permit No. TP/19/1245.