Effective Date: 28 June 2021.
At Everyday Rewards, we care deeply about your privacy. And that means giving you what you need to make informed choices.
We want to make it simple for you to understand how we collect, use and share your personal information.
You can find what you need to know below, in words we hope you’ll find simple to understand.
The Quick Version
First and foremost, we collect your personal information to register and manage your account and to reward you for your loyalty.
Everyday Rewards is so much more than just a ‘points program’. It’s our mission to give you more of what you want and less of what you don’t. That means extra ways to save on things you love, money can’t buy experiences and an improved shopping experience all round.
Want to know more?
We use your personal information to understand your preferences, interests and shopping behaviours, so we can:
- communicate with you about your purchases
- improve the goods and services we offer you
- sell and promote relevant products, services, personalised offers and other benefits to you via direct marketing (including emails or personalised catalogues) or tailored advertising (including on websites you visit and social media platforms)
- record and potentially publish your feedback and product reviews
- investigate and respond to your enquiries and (hopefully very rare) complaints
- assist with COVID-19 contact tracing or to communicate with you in the event of a COVID-19 positive case in store
- conduct investigations in cases of fraud or data security risks
- improve our business generally, including by monitoring or recording our interactions with you for training purposes
- comply with our legal obligations, for instance when we are managing product quality or safety issues.
We may use your personal information for other purposes which are within your reasonable expectation or permitted by law.
Watch our Everyday Rewards video to see how it works.
The Quick Version
We collect personal information like your name, e-mail and postal addresses, telephone numbers, date of birth, gender, payment card details and other details necessary for us to run Everyday Rewards, such as your Everyday Rewards card number and Rewards activity.
We note what you like, including what, how, when and where you buy from us.
Here are some additional examples of the personal information we collect:
- how you choose to redeem your points
- the price of items you buy, how you paid and, where relevant, the store location
- your interests, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions. One way we do this is by noting what you view and click on internet sites, apps, mobile applications and adverts
- how you prefer to be communicated with
- what you’ve shared directly, including reviews, ratings, images, competition entries and other comments added to our digital channels
- any information linked to your Rewards account, for example, family members may link their Rewards accounts to your Rewards account to share fuel discounts
- identification documents such as drivers licence where we need to formally verify who you are or your age
If you download our apps or register and use your Everyday Rewards Card in Apple Wallet or Google Pay, we may also collect details of your mobile device (model, operating system) and location data if it is activated in your device settings, which allows us to send messages to your device based on where you are, for instance special offers when you’re close to a Woolworths store.
We may also collect feedback about your use of these services to help us improve the experience for our members.
To understand what Apple Wallet or Google Pay may learn based on you using your Everyday Rewards card through their platform, go to https://policies.google.com/privacy or www.apple.com/au/privacy.
Depending on how you deal with us, it’s possible we may need to collect other types of personal information necessary to deliver you the benefits of Everyday Rewards or respond to your broader needs.
The Quick Version
We collect personal information from you when you register to join Everyday Rewards and throughout the course of your membership at the various moments described above.
This includes when you:
- scan or tap your Everyday Rewards or payment card, collect or enjoy your Everyday Rewards points when shopping at Woolworths or with one of our partners
- communicate with us
- browse our websites or digital assets (like most businesses, we use technologies like cookies – click here to see how they work)
- take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys or focus groups or otherwise give us feedback or rate a product or service we sell.
By linking your payment card details to your Everyday Rewards account, we collect information so that we identify what you’ve bought even when you have forgotten to scan your Everyday Rewards card. This means you can enjoy offers and product recommendations based on your most up-to-date preferences.
Want to know more?
The Quick Version
We may share personal information outside the Woolworths Group as we deliver the activities described above, including to program partners (such as Qantas if you’ve chosen to convert to Qantas Points), and service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations such as analytics, payments, technology and marketing, or as permitted by law.
We may share your personal information with Departments of Health or their nominated contact tracing agencies if requested to provide information for COVID-19 contact tracing. You may be contacted by one of these parties using the information that you have provided to Woolworths.
Which companies do we share information with?
For practical and security reasons, we can’t provide an exhaustive list of the organisations and locations to which we share personal information. They change regularly as we improve our business and by keeping their details confidential, we make it harder for bad actors to breach our security systems.
Among key long-term partners and suppliers that we are able to name are:
- Suppliers and service providers, such as information service providers that improve data quality e.g. we validate addresses with Australia Post to improve your delivery experience
- Our partners, e.g. Qantas, to provide loyalty program membership information, and to allocate points to you if you choose to engage with our partners through our partner relationships. For example, you may choose to convert Everyday Rewards points to your Qantas Frequent Flyer Points.
We may also share your personal information with Endeavour Group Limited (EGL), which includes BWS, so that EGL can use it for things such as better personalising its offers and information to you based on your scanned Everyday Rewards transactions at BWS.
If you have a query or complaint you would like to discuss with Woolworths relating to a privacy matter, you can contact the Woolworths Group Privacy Officer.
If you would like to opt-out of marketing communications and promotions from Everyday Rewards, you can change your marketing communications preferences by logging into your account on the Everyday Rewards website. If you receive any marketing communications or promotions from us via email or SMS, you can click on the unsubscribe link in the email, or follow the instructions in the SMS, to opt-out from that particular communication.
You can opt-out from receiving push notifications, in-app messages or sharing your location with us by changing the permission on your mobile device.
If you do not agree to the sharing of information that occurs when using a digital wallet on your mobile device, you should not register your Everyday Rewards card in Apple Wallet or Google Pay.